What is Jeuveau®?
★ DR. GIBSON'S FAVORITE NEUROMODULATOR
Jeuveau® is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used in adults for a short period of time to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines).
How does Jeuveau® work?
Jeuveau® temporarily inhibits the nerve cells that signal specific muscles to contract, therefore weakening facial movements that cause fine lines and wrinkles.
What are the benefits of Jeuveau®?
Jeuveau® is FDA-approved and can help eliminate moderate to severe frown lines and glabellar lines, achieve smooth, youthful-looking skin, reduce undereye circles, and addresses lip lines. It is noted by many patients that it kicks in quicker compared to other neurotoxins, like BOTOX® or Dysport®.
What can Jeuveau® treat?
Jeuveau® can be used to treat a variety of common complaints, like:
- Glabellar lines (also known as "11 lines"): the vertical lines that develop between the eyebrows after years of frowning, scowling, and squinting.
- Excessive sweating: Jeuveau® can be used to treat excessive sweating, ( under the arms, on the palms of the hands, and on the soles of the feet.
- Crow's Feet: Jeuveau® can be used to treat Crow's feet around the eyes.
- Forehead lines: Furrowing your brow and frowning give you forehead wrinkles.
- Laugh lines: Jeuveau® can be used to treat lines around the mouth, without "freezing your face." Another benefit of Jeuveau® is that it still allows movement and looks natural.
How is the Jeuveau® treatment performed?
Jeuveau® treatment is a relatively simple procedure that is performed in a doctor's office. The procedure usually takes about 15-30 minutes.To perform Jeuveau® treatment, the doctor will first clean the area where the Jeuveau® will be injected. Once the area is clean, the doctor will inject a small amount of Jeuveau® into the muscles.
The recovery time for Jeuveau® treatment is usually short. Most patients can resume their normal activities within a few hours.
- Do not rub or massage the treated area.
- Avoid make-up if possible.
- Avoid sleeping on your face the first night.
- Do not exercise or partake in any strenuous activity for the next 12 hrs.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption for the next 24 hrs.
Risks and side effects?
The risks and side effects of Jeuveau® treatment are generally mild and temporary. Some of the most common risks and side effects include:
- Allergic reaction
Cost of Jeuveau®?
The cost of Jeuveau® treatment varies depending on the area being treated, how many units used, the doctor's fees, and the insurance coverage.
Jeuveau® treatment is a safe and effective way to treat to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, commonly called "11 lines." If you are considering Jeuveau® treatment, be sure to talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits.